Search engines are becoming extremely vital to a person’s (or a business) online success. The use of the internet is expanding and growing rapidly as time goes on. As a result, more people are finding it essential to apply Internet marketing.
It used to be the case where you could just get by with word-of-mouth advertising. Nowadays however, it is insufficient to just get the word out for your products or services. It is important to realize that turning to Internet marketing is one of the best ways for you to thrive online while reaping massive profits. There is a whole spectrum of market out there that needs to see your business and the different products and services that you offer.
By having top search rankings (on Google for example), you are essentially positioning your website or business in front of millions of online visitors. And the more visitors you have, the more sales you make. Simple logic really.
Because of this, more people are focusing their efforts on Search Engine Marketing. While search engine optimization is a popular means of getting ranked highly on search engines, SEM is a way of paying for your placement on the search results. This can be quite expensive at times, but it is usually worthwhile because it will get you the visibility that your business needs.
Search engine marketing (SEM) works through various ways. There are certain methods, such as pay per click, also known as PPC, which charges you each time a person goes to your web site from the search engine results. There is also search engine inclusion, which is where you pay to have your business listed in the search results. You will normally show on the top or down the side, in the sponsored section, when you go this route.
SEM has revolutionized the way businesses attain customers. People are realizing this and turning to Internet marketing to make sure that they are seen when they need to be seen. The fact of the matter is that your prospects are already out there looking for the product or service that you have to offer.
So the question is: Will your website appear in front of their eyes first? There is a huge chunk of money out there to be made if you take the time to learn more about Internet marketing and how it can multiply your profits.
If you are keen in learning Internet marketing to make money online, you can start here and claim your entirely free special report.
As fancy as the term “blog” sounds, it’s actually just a website that uses a content management system. While most blog software is more search engine friendly out of the box than many web sites, the opportunities for blog optimization are readily available.
Here are 10 tricks that will increase your visibility in search engines and eventually drive more traffic to your blog.
1) Use keywords in your blog post titles – This is a given for SEO. Most blogging software uses the post title as the url so take advantage of it.
Example: “10 SEO Tricks to Attract More Traffic to your Blog – Search Engine Journal
Search Engine Journal is included on every blog post title tag automatically.
2) Optimize your blog categories – When you create categories for your blog, be sure to use keywords in the titles. When you post, be sure to default to a general category that is relevant no matter what the post is about. Choose multiple categories on each post when appropriate. This will create a “SEO-friendly” url for each post you make.
3) Syndicate your blog – Make it easy for people to subscribe to your blog. Sign-up with a free service like Feedburner and then create a “syndication” area on your site.
4) Offer RSS to email – Anywhere from 10% to 40% of your blog traffic can come from individuals that perfer to read blog posts via email. RSS readers and aggregators can be confusing. Adding email services to your blog isn’t. There are several free services available for this including: FeedBlitz, Squeet, and Zookoda.
5) Ping blog search engines – This can be configured with blog software such as Movable Type or WordPress to work automatically. If you’re using Blogger.com, then you can do this manually with Pingomatic.com or Pingoat.com.
6) Make comments on other blogs – Your name will be linked to the blog url that you enter. Don’t make comments that offer no value to the blog post. Don’t use keywords in the field for your name, use your name or blog name.
7) Submit your blog directories – Also submit the blog to regular directories such as (DMOZ, JoeAnt, GoGuides, Google Blog Search, etc) that have categories for blogs.
8) Targeted advertising – Now this doesn’t really drive traffic to your site but will make you money. It’s possible by using Google AdSense to display highly targeted ads on your blog. Once you’ve setup an account and placed the ads on your site, just sit back and watch the cash come in. Cha-ching.
9) Snatch up hot keywords – Now before you place ads on your blog, be sure your keyword density is good for the right terms. A VERY helpful tool to improve your traffic for high-paying keywords is called Keyword Elite (http://www.seojuice.com).
10) Use track backs – If there is a blog that you refer to or quote and it is highly relevant to your subject, leave a track back. It increases your link popularity and may even score a few interested readers from the linked site. A TrackBack is a mechanism used in a blog to show, around an entry, a list of other blogs that refer to it.
The important thing to remember is that no matter how many optimization tactics you employ with a blog, there is no substitute for quality content. Blog optimization is only as effective as the quality and usefulness of the content you’re optimizing. So do not limit yourself to tips and lists. Use your imagination and you will come up with thousands of ways to drive traffic to your blog!
As a webmaster, you would want your site to have many visitors. This would be the main idea why more individuals engage in search engine optimization and other forms of internet marketing. Many internet searchers uses the search engine and as they are dependent on this kind of service, the site owners would want to have their site to get a higher rank in the results page of the search engine.
The strategies that are used to enhance the ranking of the website for search engine optimization are currently changing so that the results would be faster and the steps are also made easier. Before, most of the strategies require the individual to spend more time arranging his site and improving the site rank. It would also take more time before the individual can feel the results of what he has done in the site.
Today, you can make use of some search engine optimization techniques that are easier to do but you can get faster results. One of which is the sponsored listings and the other is pay per click method. These are the paid methods and you can get fast results.
Sponsored listings are a sample search engine optimization strategy that can give a webmaster an easy and fast result. There are search engines that can put your site in their search results pages if you pay them a certain amount. Since your site can be found in the results page, there is a chance for your site to get clicked by the searchers. Thus, when you bid for a certain keyword, you will have to pay them and they will put your site link in the results page. Although there is a chance that your site will be clicked, there are some people who think that this method is quite expensive and it will be depending more on the height of the bids for the site.
Another version of search engine optimization is the cost per impression is like the previous mentioned technique but you will only get to pay the advertisement when your site is already clicked. Thus, this does not depend on luck and you will only pay for their services when you get the results. This is a better chance for you to get better results however you should be careful not to get the fraud sites.
The cost per click methods makes the advertiser pay when the other surfers have already clicked the site link of the advertiser. There are many ways to check the validity of the clicks and you should do this to ensure that you will only pay for the true searchers since this method still has a risk involved.
Search Engine Optimization
In the early days of the Internet, you could often generate traffic just by being there. The billions of sites that exist now didn’t exist then, and those who built sites early on got tons of traffic and profits just by having a presence. Those “build it and they will come” days are gone; the Web is not astonishingly competitive, especially in business and marketing niches. Savvy Website operators know that it’s much harder to make the public know that their site exists and they devote a lot of time to a process known as Search Engine Optimization.
Search engine optimization, also known as SEO, is about designing you site in such a way that the major search engines, such as Google, will see your site as relevant to a particular topic. There’s a science to that, and numerous consultants charge a fortune to share their “secrets” of how to build your site so that the search engines will rank it highly for search results. The high price of these consultants and the amount of work required for effective SEO has led to the creation of software packages designed to make search engine optimization easier. Perhaps the most heavily promoted of these Web position tools is SEO Elite.
SEO Elite, like most Web-related software, makes bold claims about what it can do for you. They emphasize the value of having hundreds (or even thousands) of quality sites linking to yours as an important component of search engine optimization and claim that SEO Elite can find suitable linking partners for you in mere minutes. They also claim that you can use this program to determine how the high ranking sites for a particular topic managed to achieve that ranking so that you can copy their technique. And finally, they claim the tool can keep you notified on a daily basis as to how well your site ranks in the major search engines. If your site moves up a few notches in Google, SEO Elite will tell you.
Can it do all of that, or are the creators of this product just engaging in the usual hyperbole? Actually SEO Elite does exactly what the creators say it will do, provided that you are willing to make the effort to use it correctly. Building a network of links to your site is a time consuming process, and SEO Elite can, indeed, find hundreds of potential link partners in mere minutes. You simply need to contact them through an easy-to-use interface that will save you countless hours over doing it manually. Each time you tweak your site, you can use SEO Elite to see how well your changes are working. This tool can genuinely save you time and ease the process of search engine optimization.
All of this isn’t magic, of course. Tweaking your site to optimize it for the various search engines and your particular topic takes time and effort. There is no “instant” solution that will bring thousands of people to your site. Having quality content on your site is still a big part of the process. But SEO Elite is a powerful tool that, used correctly, can help you build a site that ranks highly for the topic of your choice. If understand the importance of search engine optimization, SEO Elite represents money well spent .
About the Author: