Eid is an important event for Muslims. In the celebration of Eid, men, women and children need to look their best. People want to wear new dresses. Some women make their own dresses to follow their taste in the dresses that they wear. Because it is important for women to look good in an important festivity including Eid, women want to create their own dresses including the Eid dresses for their young girls.
While you want to look good during Eid, it is important for you to follow the Qur’an in creating your dresses. This is the main reason why many Muslim women prefer to make their own Eid dresses. If you buy Eid dresses for the girls in your family, you will most often find beautiful Eid dresses for girls but may violate the rule of Qur’an.
To avoid this problem, let us look at the proper Muslim women dresses should be. In understanding the rule of proper Muslim dress based on the Qur’an, you will know how to make or buy Eid dresses for girls and for yourself as well.
What are the Muslim women dress codes?
• The outer garment worn in public must cover all the body except the face and the hands.
• The outer garment must not be decorative in itself or as a means of beautification, in this case wearing your Eid dress is a complete violation of this rule. It is therefore necessary that you analyze Eid dresses for girls sold in stores if it indeed it violates the letters of Qur’an.
• The outer garment must be thick and opaque to conceal the clothes worn under it. It must be loose to conceal the woman’s form. You can see many Eid dresses for girls that violate at least the last part where the form of the woman shows. Choose the design properly to avoid violating this rule.
• Muslim women are not to wear perfume in public. If you cannot wear perfume, you can wear mehndi tattoo to be beautiful during Eid. You anyway are trying to look your best for Allah.
• The clothes of Muslim women should not resemble men’s clothes. You surely want to look beautiful that is why you are sure not going to wear Eid dress that resembles that of men’s clothes.
• The clothes of Muslim women should not resemble those of the disbelievers. This is another risk in buying Eid dresses for girls; most of the designs in store have western appeal in it. This is where it is better to make Eid dresses for girls in your family if you want to avoid violating another Qur’an rule.
• The clothing of Muslim women should not be ostentatious. Let us hope that because you are dressing up for Eid, you will be forgiven to violate this one rule, at least during Eid.
Now, that you know the rules on dresses based on the Qur’an, you may now choose Eid dresses for girls and for yourself.